Terry and Janet

Terry and Janet

Thursday, July 15, 2010

The RIde to Huaraz

We are heading straight up in the mountains... It is beautiful. We went through only 3 herds of animals... 4 stops for road construction... and we hit about 549 pot holes.... Ouch!The good news is that I didn't pass out when we got here. I was very woozy and had to dive for the stairs to sit myself down but I didn't pass out. Then I immediately took the pill Terry was begging me to take on the way up here. The pill is for altitude sickness. He was right... Dang!
This is a picture from our hotel room... Huaraz is beautiful. I can't wait to meet our missionaries tomorrow. We have 24 here that we haven't met. Yippy!
This hotel is beautiful. I love a good clean room! I know what you're thinking Meg...she is such a germaphobe and she's in Peru!