Terry and Janet

Terry and Janet

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ups and Downs of Mission Life

I have never had my heart swell and pound with so much happiness and excitement as I have felt here on the mission... These are some of the reasons for the exhilaration...
Hearts

The Ups of the mission -

Seeing young men and women testify of truth and watching peoples expressions change from feeling the spirit

Seeing small miracles every day that change lives

Being around missionaries 24 and 7 and all their energy

Being able to work with my spouse every day, all day, on things that really matter

Being guided by the Spirit like never before

Learning a new skill... a new language, slowly... but I'm loving it

Baptisms

Lucy and Alicia

Speaking in Stake Conferences - Yes really even in Spanish

Travelling - seeing new places - new people - new things

The simple way of life - Non materialistic

The Peruvian people are the best ever

The Downs of the mission

Saying goodbyes