Terry and Janet

Terry and Janet

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Guest Post: Landon Robert Watts

I cannot completely refute the previous story about my soccer playing days, but let it be known that there was some embellishment from the original story that was told.


You may be wondering why I started my post off with a picture of a bunch of dirt. Well, I decided I couldn’t compete with the other guest posts so I didn’t even try. Nonetheless, I believe I can speak for all of the guest bloggers when I say that this might be one of the most important places we saw during our trip. This is a very special picture to all of us, but especially to Janet and Terry. This is the exact site where the people of Trujillo will be blessed with a temple of their own very soon. Griff is marking the spot with the walking stick he found on the grounds. (Mama T thinks he and Tillman will be called back as missionaries to Trujillo now)



We had a lot of fun being back with Mama and Papa T, however we did not forget the real reason we came to Peru. It meant a lot to me personally to be able to bring my son to their mission and be surrounded by missionaries. I only wish he was a little bit older to be able to truly remember what a great experience it was. Pictures, videos and stories will have to do (until next trip).


We were able to spend a lot of time getting to know some of the missionaries, through the Christmas conferences, the performances in the Plaza das Armas, and going on splits with some of the missionaries. Parker and I both had very good experiences teaching with the missionaries (and yes, we both are now speaking perfectly fluent Spanish) and wish we could stay a few more weeks to be at some baptisms. Thank you Elders and Sisters; for your examples, for your testimonies, for your hard work, and for the Spirit that we felt while we were around you. We will try and bring that same Spirit back to our own home.