Terry and Janet

Terry and Janet

Sunday, November 14, 2010

From Freaky Friday to Strange Saturday...


We had an unusual day at the hospital on Friday with one of our Latin Elders.
He is going to be fine, but it was pretty late when we
finally got him home and settled.
Two of the office Elders were with me at the hospital for several hours.
The hospital was running tests and we were waiting for doctors.
Elder Andersen was doing the translating and Elder Jones was
Entertaining the children that were waiting for doctors too.
The assistants took a shift at the hospital and of course got several referrals.
They are unstoppable!

The next morning when we woke up, there was no electricity and no water.
We had a full day planned... President was off and running
but it's a whole different ballgame for a woman.
No shower, no blow dryer, no curling iron...
no toothbrush, no washing the face... what is a girl to do?
I have been a good sport before and just molded a hair doo with bobby pins.
I have used flashlights for makeup and finding clothes in a dark closet.
But I looked in the mirror and it wasn't going to happen.


SO I opened the curtains and started catching up on my
Book of Mormon studies and my Spanish vocabulary.
The neighbors told us the electricity would be out for about an hour.
When noon rolled around and still nothing, I got nervous.
Terry just kept running to the meetings and baptisms for us.
I finally got on my knees and said I really need to go to the next baptism.
Amazing... I got an hour of electricity. When I finished getting ready,
the electricity went out again.

We attended this sweet baptism of Hermana Flor.
Elder Jones and Elder Andersen taught this darling lady.
She and her family have a little shoe factory. They make womens shoes.
Molly and Hali, we might venture over there when you come.

The young man, Arnold, that was baptized is awesome as well.
Elder Samayoa and Elder Bennett taught him.
After, we still had no electricity so we were off to get some dinner.
By this time it was 9:00 in the evening.
This is what 9:00 to 10:00 looks like when you are with
the President and the Assistants on Saturday night.
Freaky Friday and Strange Saturday hopefully will turn into
Sacred Sunday!