Terry and Janet

Terry and Janet

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Botanical Gardens... Who knew?


Today the office Elders and I went to the Botanical Gardens for their preparation day. I knew they would love it but, Wow, I had no idea they would get this excited. Our office Elders have Saturday as their preparation day but all the other missionaries have Monday. The office Elders have to be ready to help the others with Dr. appointments, Apartment matters, Finances etc... So they are in the office on Monday.
It is important that the missionaries get a day to unwind.... I told them that they should take artsy pictures of the flowers and they might end up on the blog. They took some great photos. It is spring here now. Everything is beautiful.
They also were able to handle the turtles and the rest of the animals. I hope that the turtles weren't traumatized after they played with them.
The missionaries are easy to please.... after we were finished in the Botanical Garden, I said, "who wants to go to McDonalds?" Wow, another jump for joy,
President Turk and the Assistants are still in Cajamarca and will be home Monday. Sorry they missed this!