Terry and Janet

Terry and Janet

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My Mission Mini Van

There are not many women drivers here in Trujillo. And there are definitely no blond women drivers in Trujillo with a mob of white shirted Elders and long skirted Sisters packed in a red mini van...
One of a Kind... I Love It!



"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.
I want to drive up in a station wagon (Red Mini Van) that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. (Elders to Baptisms)
I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children.
I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden.
I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.
I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."


Marjorie Pay Hinckley .. (I love her... this is one of my favorites)