Terry and Janet

Terry and Janet

Thursday, November 4, 2010

No, not my Mini Van...

Remember how I was just telling you about my Red Mini Van? Well, President Turk and the assistants decided to drive it to Cajamarca today so that the Elders could recline the seats in the back. After all, it is a six hour drive. I was supposed to go but they are staying longer to work with Elder Nash and the area seventy on a new Stake Presidency, trainings, exchanges etc... So me and my senior companion are doing splits. I can do so much more here.
Anyway, back to the Van....
They were driving along the highway, and a big sugarcane truck in front of them, pulled off to the side of the road. President Turk went around it to pass and all of the sudden the truck turned right back into the highway lane. President Turk swerved, honked and couldn't go far because of on-coming traffic, so the truck hit the brakes but not before bumping into them and scratching the car all the way down the side. We are so grateful that it wasn't a horrible accident. President Turk turned around to talk to the driver and the truck took off into the sugarcane field as fast as he could. They started to chase him and then of course came to their senses and stopped.
But now I understand that my sweet van has a damaged side.
I haven't seen the photos yet.
Will this stop me from hauling the Missionaries.... No way, No how!
After the scratch is painted, we just won't let the President drive her without me.