Terry and Janet

Terry and Janet

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Elder Uaisele Fa

I want to tell you a story about a dear friend of mine. He is like a son to me. He is on a mission right now in Brazil. His name is Elder Fa. His brother just shared this story with me. So I shared it with my missionaries.

Elder Fa said that he was tested 3 months ago with a disobedient companion. When they woke up the first morning, his companion turned to him and said,

"What are we doing up so early... My last companion and I didn't leave the apartment until 4 in the afternoon".

Elder Fa turned to his new companion and said,

"That was your last companion, You can write him a letter and apologize and tell him how much you love him. Then you need to get up right now and show the Lord how much you love Him. Elder, I am not perfect but I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ, and I know that if we just have Faith and show them how much we love them by our obedience, they will bless us".

He said his companion got up out of the bed and gave Him a big hug.

And Then they went to work

They found great success that day as they committed a family of 7 to baptism.

This sweet Elder Fa knows who he is and knows why he is serving a mission.

Elder Fa’s mother received a letter from his mission president... saying how grateful he was to her for raising such a fine young man.

He also said…

"In a short period of time, your son has not only touched many lives as they have entered the waters of baptism, but also by inspiring missionaries to be more obedient through his example."

To my Missionaries...

You are all an example to every one around you.

You have the ability to influence many more lives than you will ever know

Just Be Great…. Always.

Try to be more Like Jesus Christ every day.

I want each one of you to know that He Lives.

President Turk and I feel His guidance in this mission every day.

Miracles have not ceased. Angels are here among us.

Souls are being saved. Hearts are changing.

Families are being united and sealed together forever.

These things are Powerful and Eternally Binding.

Embracing and Living the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the most important thing that each one of us can do on this earth.

The ordinances and covenants that we make are critical to happiness in this life and in the next life.

Thank you Elder Fa for your Inspiration and Example.

We Love you!

Let's Soar Trujillo, Peru Mission!