Terry and Janet

Terry and Janet

Friday, January 14, 2011

Just Do It!


I was driving the red mini van yesterday full of missionaries as usual. They hopped in the very back, back and said, "Hey, there are some baby wipes and a jar of unopened baby food back here." A little twinge stung my heart, and then a thousand images of those cute babies toddling all over the mission home flooded my mind.

After we got our call, People would say "how can you leave your family... your grandchildren?" Then they would say, "I could never do that."

This is how you do it.... You trust in the Lord and then you jump in with two feet and love life, and try to live it the best that you can. This earth life is short. I want to have NO regrets.

My grandchildren are the reason that I left. I want them to know that I Love my Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ more than anything. And I know that the Lord will bless them more for my service here than me doting over them at home. This time away has been a precious time to really be grateful for the sweet relationships that we have with our children, their spouses and of course our grand babies.

The Scriptures come alive....

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not to thine own understanding. In all ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy paths.

We have been filled with complete joy and peace with this calling.
Angels are among us... Missionaries fill our hearts with love and our tanks with energy.... The members, the new members, the investigators are all wonderful people that make life interesting and fulfilling.

If you are thinking of serving a mission, don't hesitate. You will receive way more than you give. We owe the Lord everything anyway, and then when you try to give back just a little, He just keeps giving more.

It's the most beautiful unbalanced salary you will ever receive.
I am so grateful for this opportunity of a life time.