Terry and Janet

Terry and Janet

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Line Upon Line....


On my way to the states for my Dad's funeral,
I was caught in a huge line at the LAX airport.
I have never seen such lines.
I had a connecting flight to catch and not very much time.
I said a little prayer... and was moving with my luggage to the back
of the line, when all of a sudden one of the workers grabbed me 
and said that we needed to form another line....



She pushed me up near the front to form the second line.
There was a large asian man that saw what was happening 
and he followed close behind me... chanting
"Yes, keep going, keep going"

We bypassed so many people I couldn't believe this luck.
or was it luck...

As we were now closer to the front waiting in line
the man from Hong Kong right behind me pointed to my name tag
and said... "What's this all about?'

I told him that I was a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ.
He asked me a few more questions and then said...
Oh, you are the church that sends your handsome young men
into my country to steal our women...

I laughed... there were so many things wrong with this statement
and then I looked at him and could see that he was very serious.


I told him that I have been working for the last three years of my life
with over 600 of these missionaries...
These young men and women give up their social, educational,
financial and family needs for two years to 
invite others to Come unto Christ.
 I told him that I have never met finer young men and women
in all my life.  All they want to do is Serve, Lift, Love and Teach others
about our Savior and His amazing Gospel....
Great things happen because of these
young men and women.
When I was about in tears...  He said
"Wow, you have persuaded me to listen to them."

There was a young woman standing next to us listening to everything
I was saying and she said...

"I lived with a mormon family for a summer...
I have never met nicer people.
I am going to listen to the missionaries too."

There is such a craving for truth...
When people find out that what they hear about the Mormons
usually is false they are interested in the truth.
People can feel the light... they want more light.
And let me tell you that it is beautiful beyond belief
or I would not be here.
I testify that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is on the earth.
I am so grateful to be a part of this work.
We have to open our mouths and share it every day.

This great work will keep rolling forward...

.. Line upon Line.