Terry and Janet

Terry and Janet

Thursday, March 28, 2013

To Infiniti and Beyond.... Well, to El Niño

President Turk was out there today in the field working
I mean out there...
He was 45 minutes outside of Viru
in a little place called El Niño
He was with Elder Barrios and Elder Soto

In between Virú and El Niño there is a castle
that dates back to pre Incan times.
It's funny because you can drive by a field of crops and out in the middle
is an important ruin that is still not excavated
and the crops are growing all the way around it.
They use every bit of land right up next to it.


When I see all these ruins not excavated... I want to grab a bunch of people
and get going.  If I was in charge of this .. I wouldn't be able to sleep
until it was finished.  I feel this way with every one of the
houses here too.  I want to get a team of my missionaries 
and just finish house by house.
I am a land developer/builder's daughter.


But more importantly I want to teach every family the gospel
house by house.  And that is what our calling is here.
It is the most fulfilling and joyous thing I have ever done
in my life.... 

The world is starving and needing truth more than ever....
 “A missionary is not planting something foreign or even new into an adult or a child. 
Rather, the missionary or teacher is making contact with the Spirit of Christ already there. 
The gospel will have a familiar ‘ring’ to them” 

If the world will listen they can know for themselves that the true
Gospel of Jesus Christ is Restored to the Earth
And it is the way back to our Heavenly Father.


A person is capable of receiving spiritual guidance before 
being baptized and confirmed. 
This spiritual influence begins with the Light of Christ, which
 “is given to every man, that he may know good from evil”