Terry and Janet

Terry and Janet

Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Gentlemen of Viru...


VirĂº Zone is working like mad to make a difference
in this world of ours.

Missionaries are all about change for the better.
Can you imagine a world filled with people
who loved their Savior and wanted to follow Him.
Life would be Grand!
Savior, may I learn to love thee
Walk the paths that thou hast shown
Pause to help and lift another
finding strength beyond my own...
Savior may I learn to love thee
Lord, I would follow thee

Savior may I love my brother 
as I know thou lovest me
Find in thee my strength my beacon 
For thy servant I would be
Savior may I love my brother
Lord, I would follow thee.

I love this hymn!



Here is another creative teaching technique from our Zone Leaders...
Elders Armstrong and Escobar

I am not sure what they were teaching...
But I better get the story behind it because it looks a little strange...
I wasn't in there for the moral of this story.
I'm sure it was fantastic.

Viru is about an hour drive away.  So it is great to have these 
Elders with us today.  There are no Hermanas in this Zone.

 It's FRIO RICO TIME!
Frio Rico is an ice cream sundae in a cone.
You know the kind you buy out of the ice cream freezers
in the grocery store...
Sometimes you just  have to have one.
Viru includes:  Perez, Ipi, Espinal, Martinez, Leyva, Colonio, Meza, Vera III, Chun, 
Hendrix, Chicche, Arteaga, Escobar and Armstrong

I saw this on Elder Arteaga's planner...
Great art work Elder... and even a better thought.
Focus on our goals right now...
There is a time and a season for everything.  
They all know that if they put their heart, might, mind and strength 
into serving the Lord... that He will guide their paths 
for good after the mission... including finding the right
person to marry.  This is the most important decision they will
make in this earth life, after of course,
following the Doctrine of Christ.



What is the Doctrine of Christ?

“This is my doctrine, and it is the doctrine which the Father hath given unto me; and I bear record of the Father, and the Father beareth record of me, and the Holy Ghost beareth record of the Father and me; and I bear record that the Father commandeth all men, everywhere, to repent and believe in me.
“And whoso believeth in me, and is baptized, the same shall be saved; and they are they who shall inherit the kingdom of God.
“And whoso believeth not in me, and is not baptized, shall be damned.
“… And whoso believeth in me believeth in the Father also; and unto him will the Father bear record of me, for he will visit him with fire and with the Holy Ghost. …
“Verily, verily, I say unto you, that this is my doctrine, and whoso buildeth upon this buildeth upon my rock, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against them” (3 Nephi 11:32–35, 39).