Terry and Janet

Terry and Janet

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Under the Complete Influence...

  You want to be good and to do good,
That is commendable. 
But the greatest achievement that can be reached in our lives 
is to be under the complete influence of the Holy Ghost. 
Then He will teach us what is really good and necessary to do. 
                                                                                                                                                  F. Enzio Busche


      Here is a sweet experience from an Elder... 
Names have been changed!

Well, this week I had a spiritual experience that I´d like to share with with you. 
Last Sunday, me and my companion baptized a woman, an elect... (Beatrice). 
Before we began teaching her, she was an active member in
another church. This church is really strong here 
and the members are usually hard-hearted people. 
Anyway, on Saturday, the day before we baptized her, 
we passed by her house to fill out the baptismal form 
and while we were filling it out with her, 
there came a knock at her door. 
It was the pastor of this church. When he came in, he immediately
started to yell at us and went off. 
Boy did I feel the will to burn him with the scriptures....
but I then looked at this woman Beatrice,
 I felt a strong impression of the spirit say "just stay quiet". 
After a while, when the pastor finally
stopped yelling and talking, 
me and my companion got up and told Beatrice
that we would pass by a little later that day. 
After a few hours, 
we returned to her house and the first thing she told us was 
"I'm ready to be baptized"
She then told us
how she recognized her feelings in the presence of that pastor..
in the way he preached, the tone of his voice, 
the contention he brought, 
was simply not the way of the Lord.
    I can't tell you how grateful I am to have the 
Gift of the Holy Ghost in my life. 
It is so important that we stay
worthy of the Spirit so that when he whispers, 
we can recognize His voice and follow His guidance.



THANK YOU ELDER... PERFECT EXAMPLE!