Terry and Janet

Terry and Janet

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Our Hearts Go Out...



Our thoughts and prayers are with the families
of the missionaries that were killed in Texas.

Hard to imagine this happening to one that is serving
the Lord in the mission field...

But the Lord is in charge and we will 
trust Him completely. 


I will never forget when we were called to this position.
I was reading over my responsibilities
and when I saw that I was in charge of all 
the missionaries health issues, I couldn't breath.
It felt like an overwhelming assignment.

To keep over 200 missionaries healthy and happy
at one time seemed impossible.
There was a heaviness now upon me.
I questioned if I could do the job
especially with a language barrier.

As I was praying about this to my Heavenly Father...
the words came to my mind very strongly

"You are not in charge of them...  I Am!"

It stills brings tears to my eyes when I think about this.
I was immediately comforted and strengthened.

And now I am in the thick of it.
Some days we deal with a lot of sick calls
but we are doing great.

I am so grateful to all the office elders 
that help me with translations
and the church of course has every help
that you could ever need.
No stone is left unturned.


We pray every single day, several times a day,
for the safety and health of all missionaries.




And I definitely know that the 
Lord is in Charge 
of His missionaries.