Terry and Janet

Terry and Janet

Monday, April 4, 2011

Mine angels round about you, to bear you up



 Sweet Story

My dear friend Elder Uaisele Fa, who is serving his mission right now in Brazil,
related this story in his letter this week...

I'm doing great! I love the mission so much. I learn something new everyday!

I had a really cool experience
the other day that I want to share.

We were teaching a women who is having problems with her marriage and family.
She has a daughter who is 4 years old and is an angel.
We were teaching her about the atonement and how we can have true happiness
if we apply and accept the atonement of Jesus Christ in our lives.
The spirit was so strong!
She accepted to come to church and wanted to know more.
I´ve never felt the spirit so strong in my life
and as we were leaving,
the little daughter said "bye bye you three"
Her mom told her "no, it's just the two"
The little girl then said pointing with her finger
"one, two, and him.... three" pointing at our side.

That day was one of my happiest days on the mission.
It's so important that we have the spirit with us at all times!
Everything we do in this life
should help us qualify for the spirit so that way we may have
this companionship with us constantly!
I invite us all to keep this in our mind always
so that a big part of our decisions we make in this life
may be led by the spirit. I love you all very much and
pray for you everyday.
Until next week!
Con Amor,

Elder Uaisele Otunuku Fa




Doctrine and Covenants 84: 88 teaches us about the ministering of angels

85 Neither take ye thought beforehand what ye shall say; but treasure up in your minds continually the words of life, and it shall be given you in the very hour that portion that shall be meted unto every man.

86 Therefore, let no man among you , for this commandment is unto all the faithful who are called of God in the church unto the ministry, from this hour take purse or scrip, that goeth forth to proclaim this gospel of the kingdom

87 Behold, I send you out to reprove the world of all their unrighteous deeds, and to teach them of a judgement which is to come.

88  And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face.  I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.

The ministering of angels is available to all Church members, not just Priesthood holders.
According to Elder Dallin H. Oaks,  "Through the Aaronic Priesthood ordinances of baptism and the sacrament, we are cleansed of our sins and promised that if we will keep our covenants we will always have His Spirit to be with us.  I believe that promise not only refers to the Holy Ghost but  also to the ministering of angels, for 'angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost'  wherefore, they speak the words of Christ.'  So it is that those who hold the Aaronc Priesthood open the door for all Church members who worthily partake of the sacrament to enjoy the companionship of the Spirit of the Lord and the ministering of angels.
(Ensign, Nov. 1998)

I testify that our missionaries are surrounded by Angels!


This is Elder Fa on the left
I took these videos when these boys were in 
High school.

Uasele Fa, Adam Ashby and Ben Mataele
This is Uaisele in the front

 No matter how big and strong you are...
You always need the Companionship of the Holy Ghost