Terry and Janet

Terry and Janet

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Guest Post by Annie the Nanny...

Guest Post by our Niece Annie Ashby




I am so happy that I was able to come to Peru 
with Molly, Landon and their kids.

It was good that they had an extra pair of hands on the trip
for babies, luggage, tickets and my great Español.

It has been a blast to be able to understand and communicate
to all the Peruvians.  Thanks to Mr. Root in Spanish 4.
It is finally paying off.

We went shopping today.
Look at the jackpot we hit.  I was a bargaining fool.
They loved that I would try to get the price down
on anything and everything.

For a few soles I brought all of this.
I love Trujillo the shoe Capital of Peru.


I have felt right at home being around all 
of the black name tags and missionaries.
I lived in Uruguay for three years while my 
Dad served as the mission president
in Montevideo.  It was when I was 10 to 13 years old.
I am now fifteen.
I talked to one of the missionaries serving here from Uruguay 
and he was happy to hear my distinct accent from Uruguay.
I miss the stories and the spirit that I felt again here.

It is sad to leave but maybe I can return before 
the Turks finish their mission.
But I have fun memories that I will always remember.

!!! Viva Perú !!!