Terry and Janet

Terry and Janet

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fifty Years Old.... WOW!



It's my turn...
I made it.  Tomorrow I am fifty years old.
This little girl is me 45 years ago.  It was my birthday on picture day.
You can see my tag on my dress that says...
It's My...
and then you tilt it and it changes to 
Birthday!

I can remember my mom putting this on me that day.
I had a wonderful childhood.


So much time has passed 
but I'm still wondering, when do I grow up?
I better start acting my age.

I will tell you this...
After thinking back through my whole life, 
I can see the hand of God watching over me
guiding me, directing me and blessing me.

I feel like singing... (yes again another song analogy)

"For somewhere in my youth or childhood, 
I must have done something good..."
(Sound of Music)

No one has been as blessed throughout their life as much as me.
I was born of goodly parents
I have a family that loves me
I fell in love with the most amazing man
My children are the light of my life
and my grandchildren make me giddy with happiness.
This is what earth life is all about... 
and this is what heaven is all about
FAMILY!

We are all a part of our Father in Heaven's Family
I love my Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ.
They Live!
I know this with all of my Heart!

Everything we do will pull us closer to him
or push us farther away.
The closer we are to Him the happier we are.
It's our choice!

I want to be as close to him as possible.
Just like I want to be close to my earthly father and mother
and my family and husband and children and grandchildren.
But we have to be diligent, disciplined, determined, 
and in Tune with the Spirit.
It's not easy but it is worth it!


Thank you to everyone who has been a part of my life.
I am a better person for knowing you.

"I know I'm who I am today because I knew you...
I have been changed for Good."

(yep, another song, For Good from Wicked)

This will be another happy year for me...  
I am doing the most glorious work with my favorite person.
My wishes have all come True!