Terry and Janet

Terry and Janet

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Elder Montoya's "Thank You" Dinner


Last night we had a beautiful dinner for 
Elder Enrique Montoya
our Area Seventy who has just recently been released.

I had a few helpers come over and turn my backyard into
a private dining room.
Through out my life I have been known to throw a few parties.
I have been a big event planner.
I love to choose a theme, plan a party, decorate and see it through.
SO...
It was fun to plan a soiree 
even if it was only for 30 people.
How fun to break out the fine china and crystal 
every once in a while.

We even got to light a few candles.
It looked lovely.
Look everyone, a grown up meal...
no Pizza, no McDonalds and no Chicken and Fries.
We had a very fun powerpoint on Elder Montoya
using photos from jib jab to tell his life story.
We projected it on the side of the house... larger than life.
I had no idea if this would fly with this audience or not
but we did it 
and Yes... they loved it, whew!

When you have these Elders there to back you up,
you really can't go wrong.
They are adding things to their resumes
that they never thought they could.
Caterers, Decorators, Entertainers, Waiters, Singers, Writers, Performers etc...

Elder Wright sang a solo and Elder Vera arranged the number
and accompanied him on the piano.

And I even got them to do a final bow
after their presentation on Elder Montoya.

I LOVE THEM!


And so did the guests.
Thank you Elders and thanks to Lucy and Alicia.

Sister Montoya shared a few remarks as did President Turk
and of course Elder Montoya ended the program.
It was a perfect evening.

These are some of the local Stake Presidents and their spouses
that attended the dinner.
I had an overwhelming feeling last night that TRUJILLO, 
the city that I have fallen in love with,
is in great hands with these wonderful, dedicated leaders.
They are truly great friends.


We are thankful to the Montoyas for their service
to all the members here in Trujillo and more.

We are happy that we will still see him at the institute when 
we use his building for our missionary trainings.