Terry and Janet

Terry and Janet

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Earthquakes... Very Strange to Me!

As I was reading the news about the earthquake that rattled 
the East Coast in the States...
I was upstairs on my laptop.

All of a sudden, there was a big rumbling under my feet
I held still for a minute
and then realized that yes, this was definitely
a TrEmOr

Lucy was yelling for Ali and I came running out to
see if they felt it...
Bowls were bouncing in the kitchen
and then the phone rang.
It was President Turk saying that they all felt it 
at the office. They were on the
phone with the missionaries in Casma 
and they were also feeling it.


Lucy and Ali said that they usually don't feel the tremors
inside the mission home.
President Turk said that it was 7.0 on the richter scale
It was centered east of us in the Jungle.
There was no damage or death reported.

They have many tremors here in Peru.
I guess I better get used to them.
This is a whole new ballgame for me
I get very excited during the tremors.
No big deal to the Peruvians.